Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very easy and warming soup that is even more delicious as leftovers! After browning the meat and onions, you basically just dump cans into the soup.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup rice, uncooked
- 1 -2 cup water
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- In large pot, cook beef and onions until beef is browned and onions are tender; drain. Stir in tomatoes, beans, corn, tomato sauce, water, uncooked rice, and taco seasoning. Simmer for 15 minutes. Garnish with cheese.
Delicious! Just cooked this and enjoyed the soup's wonderful flavors. I used a can of chili beans instead of the black beans. I cooked this about 30 min. as the rice was still crunchy after 15. I topped each bowl with crunched tortilla chips and chopped cilantro in addition to the cheese.
Easy and very good, who could ask for more. I used ground turkey and 1 14.5 oz can diced cut tomatoes combined with a can of Rotel as suggested by Tinkerbell. After getting into the recipe I discovered that I did not have black beans and substituted a can of chili beans in sauce. The Rotel and chili beans kicked the soup up a couple of notches. I would make this again. Made for *PAC Spring 2009*
Very good soup. I did change it up a bit because of what I had on hand. I used a 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes instead of diced. I drained the beans and corn (personal preference). I didn't add the tomato sauce and added 2 cups of water. This also reheated really well. It was quick and easy to make and it's made with ingredients I normally have on hand. Will be making again.