Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
another homemade recipe of mine, that is very tasty.
Make and share this Taco Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili beans, liquid reserved
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- crushed tortilla chips, for topping
- shredded cheddar cheese, for topping
- In a skillet, brown ground beef until it is no longer pink,drain and place into slow cooker.
- Add taco seasoning, ranch dressing, tomatoes, chili beans, corn, and 1 cup of water and mix well.
- Cover and cook on high for 1-2 hours.
- Serve over tortilla chips, and sprinkle cheddar cheese over top of each serving.
This soup was really great comfort food for a cold winter day. Very easy to make. I browned the ground beef in a skillet, then threw everything into the slow cooker and cooked for 5 hours on low. I left out the Ranch mix, and just seasoned the stew with some Adobo seasoning. Came out perfectly. I served the soup with plenty of tortilla chips and some Cotija cheese on top - yum.
Really great soup! This recipe is a little less spicy than some other taco soup recipes but I used plain stewed tomatoes (couldn't find the Mexican kind) so that may be why. I simmered the soup on the stove, covered, for about 90 minutes instead of using the slow cooker. Great on a winters day! Made for Football Pool 2012.
I made this for DH's dinner as I was going to be at work at dinner time. I reheated a bowl when I got home. Loved it. This dish is very flavorful as well as easy to throw together. It did end up cooking longer than the stated time but that didn't seem to harm the recipe at all. Made for PRMR tag.