Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Found in Successful Farming magazine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 corn tortillas, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Mexican-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans water
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (7 ounce) can green chili peppers, diced
- 1 (7 ounce) can black olives, sliced
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning
- Preheat oil in dutch oven.
- Add tortilla pices to hot oil.
- Cook and stir until brown, remove and set aside.
- Add ground beef, onions, bell pepper and garlic to dutch oven.
- Cook until meat is browned.
- Drain off fat.
- Stir browned tortillas, tomatoes, water, beans, corn, chile peppers and taco seasoning into meat mixture.
- Bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to low.
- Simmer uncovered about 20 minutes, stirring occassionaly.
- Top with crushed corn chips and sour cream if desired.