Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
my mom created this one... definitely a hit for everyone that has tried it. this is another recipe from my brain and taste tested as i cook. i usually use 1 1/2 to 2 pounds of meat and adjust the seasoning as i go. the hash browns i'm referring to are ore-ida and are in the frozen food section. i often use the potatoes o'brien verison. they are the same as the southern style except bell pepper and onion is added to the mix.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 3 (15 ounce) cans beef broth
- 16 ounces southern style hash browns, frozen
- 1.5 (8 ounce) packets taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 1 (7 ounce) can Mexican-style corn
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel
- brown meat and drain.
- add taco seasoning and a dash of cumin; mix well.
- transfer to a large pan; add beef broth, potatoes, and water. cook until potatoes are tender (about 20 minutes).
- add corn and rotel.
- serve with tortilla chips, cheese, and sour cream.