2 hrs 20 mins
Chef Howe's Note:
This is a great soup for the cold days of winter. It is very filling all by itself, but I like to pour it over cooked rice and add a little extra cheese. About a zillion calories, but in the winter you need substance to keep you moving. I realize we really don't have "cold weather" in Texas, but I don't like cold of any kind. The orginal recipe for this soup was from a co-worker, but I have tweeked it so much that if doesn't even resemble the orginal recipe. I now claim it as "My Recipe". Enjoy!
My Private Note
large s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs extra lean ground beef, browned and drained
- 3 (14 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can baked beans (Bush Brand Bold & Spicy Beans)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans corn
- 1 (6 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1 ounce) package hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1Brown ground beef and drain off fat.
- 2Mix all ingredients, except for the onions, in a crockpot and cook on low heat for 2 or 3 hours. (Or on stove top.).
- 3Add onions in last 30 minutes, so they will not over cook.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Soup
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.5
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 46.8 mg
- Sodium 410.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 21.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hidden valley ranch dressing mix