Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Very easy one pot meal.
- 1 lb ground beef, browned
- 2 (14 ounce) cans corn
- 2 (14 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 1 (10 ounce) bottle taco sauce (not salsa)
- Empty canned ingredients (do not drain) into large pot, add the rest of ingredients.
- Mix and cook over medium low heat for about 1 hour.
- You may add 1/2 cup minute rice if you like.
- Serve with chopped green onions and fritos on top.
We really enjoyed this. I followed the recipe as written other then I only used one can of corn and used white shoe peg corn. I also used one can of kidney beans and one can of black beans. My bottle of taco sauce was 8 ounces so I added about 2 ounces of water. I also drained my beans and corn but not the tomatoes. This was different from my usual taco soup but we all really enjoyed it.
Very easy and tasty soup! I substituted ground turkey for the hamburger to make it a little less fat; and used 1 can of kidney beans and 1 can of black beans to give it a little variety. I used medium taco sauce, which gave it just the right amount of kick to it for our tastes. I dumped all in a crockpot and kept nibbling on it all day :) - Make for Fall 2008 PAC.
Wow! This recipe is on our list now as one of our favorites. It has a terrific, tasty broth, and was so good that the three of us didn't stop eating until it was all gone. My son has asked me to make it again in a few days, so I've got in on my shopping list. Thanks Jilibean, for one easy, quick and super-delicious soup!!