Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Easy to prepare and a good soup for the family.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 (16 ounce) cans mexican style beans, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (16 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- Cook ground beef and onion in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat until meat is browned, stirring until it crumbles; drain. Stir in beans, corn, tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, chiles and taco seasoning mix. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Serve with desired toppings. Yields 3 1/2 quarts. Soup may be frozen up to 3 months.
- Toppings: Tortilla chips, shredded cheese, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sour cream or chopped avacados.