Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
A friend's favorite soup that she wanted me to try.
Top Review by bmcnichol
This was good but we thought it was a bit sweet and needed some more seasonings. Next time I would drain the corn before adding it and maybe add some taco seasoning as it just seemed like it was missing something. I followed the recipe exactly as written. I even let it sit for two hours thinking that it would be more flavorful but that didn't really help.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can whole corn, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup taco sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄3 teaspoon garlic powder
- grated cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the ground beef and drain.
- Mix beef and remaining soup ingredients together in a large soup pot. Heat thoroughly over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Serve in individual bowls garnished with grated cheddar cheese and sour cream. Serve with tortilla chips on the side or crunched and added to the soup.