Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A friend's favorite soup that she wanted me to try.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can whole corn, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup taco sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄3 teaspoon garlic powder
- grated cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- tortilla chips
- Brown the ground beef and drain.
- Mix beef and remaining soup ingredients together in a large soup pot. Heat thoroughly over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Serve in individual bowls garnished with grated cheddar cheese and sour cream. Serve with tortilla chips on the side or crunched and added to the soup.
This was good but we thought it was a bit sweet and needed some more seasonings. Next time I would drain the corn before adding it and maybe add some taco seasoning as it just seemed like it was missing something. I followed the recipe exactly as written. I even let it sit for two hours thinking that it would be more flavorful but that didn't really help.
Sorry, we could not eat this.It should be called stew not soup.