Recipe by lilchris
Despite the name, this is probably more similar to chili than soup. It's one of my husband's all-time favorites. This can also be simmered in the crock pot after browning the ground beef. I usually serve over tortilla chips with sour cream and shredded cheese.
Top Review by texasjenny
Loved this! Only changes were, Fiesta Ranch dressing mix, only had a 16oz. can of navy beans which is good, but will use limas next time. Also, I didn't drain the beans and used Walmart brand Chili Ready tomatoes. Made the Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits recipe 31206 to go with it. We loved both. Thank you so much.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (1 ounce) packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can lima beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained
- 2 (16 ounce) canslight red kidney beans, drained
- tortilla chips (optional)
- shredded cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)