Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
This soup seems just perfect for the whole family. A wonderful recipe to modify according to your tastes, I usually leave out the olives, and let my olive lover boyfriend add them on his own at the end. Another great Paula Deen recipe.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 cups diced onions
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans pinto beans
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can pink kidney beans
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 1 (4 5/8 ounce) can black olives, drained and sliced (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup green olives, sliced (optional)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- corn chips, for serving
- sour cream, for garnish
- grated cheese, for garnish
- chopped green onion, for garnish
- pickled jalapeno pepper, for garnish
- Brown the ground beef and onions in a large skillet; drain the excess fat, then transfer the browned beef and onions to a large slow cooker or a stockpot.
- Add the beans, corn, tomatoes, green chiles, black olives, green olives, taco seasoning, and ranch dressing mix, and cook in a slow cooker on low for 6 to 8 hours or simmer over low heat for about 1 hour in a pot on the stove.
- To serve, place a few corn chips in each bowl and ladle soup over them. Top with sour cream, cheese, green onions and jalapenos.
This was a great soup for a cold wintry day. It makes a big batch and we have enough for another meal. As one reviewer stated below, the garnishes for this soup really jazzed it up. I will definitely be making this soup again.
This is a wonderful soup! It's almost chili-like in its flavor and is fill-you-up delicious.I omit the olives as well, but all the rest make for a near-perfect winter meal.
Absolutely loved this soup! I used the stove-top method, cooking for about 1 hour, and I did not use the optional olives. This was hearty, flavorful and just spicy enough. The chips, cheese, sour cream and jalapenos really gave it that extra something - just like a taco in a bowl! Thanks for sharing this easy and yummy recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2008