Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Simple comfort food to cook in the crock pot all day and come home to a great meal. This recipe is from my dad's cousin Virginia. This is a lot of soup, but freezes well.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can hominy
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes, blended
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- corn chips (optional)
- nacho chip (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- cheese, shredded (optional)
- lettuce, chopped (optional)
- tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- Cook ground beef, garlic& onion until tender.
- Drain fat.
- In large crock pot add remaining ingredients, including all the liquid from each can.
- Cook as long as possible, the longer, the better.
- Serve in bowls with corn chips or nachos and any topping desired, such as sour cream, shredded cheese, chopped lettuce or tomato.
Very tasty, and very easy. The only thing I changed was to add more garlic. We served margaritas with this. The aroma in the house was fantastic.
I love finding recipes that are not only delicious, but easy to make. I did not have a can of hominy so I just eliminated that ingredient. I topped the soup off with corn chips and sour cream. This really hit the spot!
This was a family favorite. I did not have a can of hominy either so I added 1 can white corn and 1 can yellow corn. My son-in-law asked that I add jalapeños next time for extra zip. Very easy, very good!