Recipe by Southern Sugar Dumplin
This recipe can be made on stovetop or crockpot. This is a great dish for get togethers.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 1 (7 ounce) can rotel
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (1 ounce) packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 -2 quart V8 vegetable juice
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet, cook ground beef and onion together until done, add minced garlic last couple minutes of cooking.
- Drain off grease.
- Add veggies and meat mixture in large soup pot - DO NOT DRAIN canned vegetables, pour them in liquid and all.
- Add seasonings and V-8 juice, add juice to desired consistency, using more or less than recommended to suite your taste.
- Simmer 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve with crushed tortilla chips, sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese. Optional topping are endless - fresh cilantro (if you like that stuff), chives, black olives, etc.