Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
After looking through 6 pages of Taco Soup recipes, I was surprised that none of them were exactly like this one I got from the Copykat website, most were close, but all a little different. Served with crushed taco chips, some shredded cheddar and a dollop of sour cream - this tastes just like tacos!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 15 ounces chili beans, undrained
- 15 ounces refried beans
- 15 ounces whole kernel corn, undrained
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 15 ounces kidney beans, undrained
- 4 1⁄2 ounces green chilies (chopped)
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning
- 1 ounce ranch dressing mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- Brown beef and onions in large stock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
Had some leftover hamburger and wasn't sure what to make tonite and then I came across this. I had everything on hand and it turned out great. I don't really care for refried beans but I liked the way it thickened the soup. A perfect fall meal!
Update.. my husband informed me the other night that he wanted me to make this for his poker game with the guys... apparently this is his new favorite recipe. Thanks Jennifer
The refried beans and ranch dressing mix were new additions for my taco soup. We loved them, thanks!