Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 min
Hearty Soup, full of meat, beans, corn, tomatoes and green chilies. My family loves this. Great with crackers, chips, sour dough bread etc.
- 2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry ranch dressing mix
- 2 (1 ounce) packages chili seasoning mix
- 2 (14 ounce) cans ranch style beans or 2 (14 ounce) cans chili beans
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, don't drain
- 4 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 1 (1 lb) package frozen corn or 1 (1 lb) package canned whole kernel corn, don't drain
- ground chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin (at least a tablespoon)
- In large soup pot, brown ground beef well (drain if necessary, but if you use lean beef you won't have to.
- Add seasoning packets and other dry seasonings, and stir well.
- Then add all other ingredients.
- Heat on medium heat for about 15 minutes, or until it just starts to boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer about an hour. It doesn't hurt for it to simmer longer.
- If soup seems too thick, you can add more tomatoes, or a can of rotel tomatoes. I do not recommend adding water.
The soup had a lovely flavor. I did add in a bit more chili powder and cumin. Made for PAC Spring 2010.