Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Excellent beginner recipe. Absolutely easy. Great for camping.
- 1 -2 lb ground beef
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can lima beans
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans pinto beans
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1 (3 ounce) canortega mild green chilies
- 1 (12 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- Cook ground beef, and drain fat.
- Add all contents of all cans.
- Add ranch mix, taco seasoning, and water.
- Heat until warm.
- Pour over tortilla chips, add grated cheddar cheese and sour cream if desired.
This was really quite good and extremely filling, compared to the ease of making it. I added a can of corn, just for fun, and it really added to the flavor and texture. Next time, I'm going to dump it all in the crockpot, which I think would make it even more tasty!
This was delicious! Can't wait to make it for my next outdoor get together with friends. Works as a soup, or even for dipping. It needs a better name, though. Taco Soup just doesn't do it justice.