Recipe by sheri77
I got this recipe from my cooking class in high school and it's still one of my favorites.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped
- 400 ml canned tomatoes, undrained
- 200 ml kidney beans, drained
- 100 ml tomato sauce
- taco seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 6 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
- taco chips, to accompany soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in skillet and drain fat.
- Place browned meat in saucepan.
- Cook celery in skillet with onions overlow heat until soft.
- Add celery and onions to saucepan along with the remaining ingredients except the cheese and chips.
- Simmer uncovered 30-45 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and top with cheese and chips.