Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is easy and soooo good!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can yellow hominy, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Rotel Tomatoes, undrained
- tortilla chips
- grated cheddar cheese
- Brown hamburger meat then drain.
- Add taco seasoning and ranch dressing mix, mix thoroughly.
- Then add hominy, pinto beans, cream corn and Rotel tomatoes, stir together.
- Simmer over low heat till bubbly.
- Serve with tortilla chips and cheddar cheese.
I used Taco Seasoning instead of pre-packaged and would cut back on the cayenne in that mix the next time I make this soup since that, in addition to the Rotel, made this pretty spicy. I left it to bubble away for about 30 min. on med-low. and it was perfect. Served with sour cream, to cut the heat, and cheddar cheese. Thanks for the recipe!
I used mild Rotel and mild taco seasoning so my three year can eat it. My husband could find the yellow hominy at the store so we used white which worked well. I love recipes that create a party in your mouth and this one. Awesome!
I've made this twice already and my family raves! Serving size is a bit off there was enough to feed my family if five and they had seconds and I was still left with plenty of leftovers. I cut the ground beef in half and there was more than enough meat in the soup.