Prep 2 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground chicken or 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb sausage
- 1 (15 ounce) can ranch style beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped (optional)
- Brown meat and drain.
- Add all other ingredients in a soup pot or crockpot.
- Cook thru until all ingredients are warm.
- Add water to desired consistancy.
- If using a crockpot, the longer you cook it the thicker it will get.
A big hit with the family. It was a little spicy, but my 8 and 10 year olds still gobbled it up. Only one minor change to the recipe - I had chili beans on hand rather than ranch style beans. Also, we garnished with french onion dip (we ran out of sour cream) as well as cheese and black olives. YUM! UPDATE 10/24/2011 - Subbed black beans for the ranch style beans this time and used the store brand of Rotel (a 15 oz can). To this I also added a 28 oz can of petite diced tomatoes. This made the soup a little less spicy for the younger kids but still enough of a "kick" for the adults. We enjoyed our soup with a large dollop of sour cream along with some green onions, cheese, black olives, and crumbled tortilla chips.
Yummy! I made this as directed with ground beef and on the stovetop. My grandson and I loved it. Simple,easy, and good. Thanks Tina for a nice meal. Made for I Recommend Tag.
I made this last night for this weekend's meal but I just had to taste it first. It was spot on! I didn't use the stewed tomatoes -- we don't like them. Can't wait to eat a big bowl of this on the weekend. Made for PAC Fall 2009. Thanks for this great recipe!