Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
A great taco soup that is WW friendly. 2 pts a cup.
- 1 lb ground turkey (or lean ground beef)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (1 ounce) package hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 3 (15 ounce) cans chili beans (hot or regular)
- 1 (4 ounce) canof diced chilies (hot or regular)
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes (Mexican flavor)
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes (any flavor)
- Brown meat and onions and drain.
- Mix ranch dressing and taco seasoning into meat.
- Without draining, add all of the other ingredients.
- Simmer 1 hour.
- *I blend the tomatoes and diced chiles before adding them to the mix as I do not care for large chunks of tomatoes.
I love this dish! My daughter-in-law made it for me (she was on WW) and now it's hubby's and mine favorite easy soup to make. I followed it exactly and make it quite often. It freezes well too.
Very good taco soup indeed! I cut it in half for a nice lunch. I had some leftover red kidney beans so threw them in for even more fiber. I thought it could use a tad bit more heat. But we like things hot!! Great flavor, I would never of thought to use ranch dressing mix in this. Thanks for posting this great WW friendly recipe. Made for PAC spring 08'
This was very good, and reminded me of Wendy's chili, but with corn added. It was a little on the hot side for me. Thanks Gallopin Gael for posting.