Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quick, easy, yummy!
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can canned kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can canned pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can canned corn, drained
- 3 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 cup broth or 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons southwest seasoning
- diced onion
- diced jalapeno pepper
- crushed tortilla chips
- Brown hamburger and onion in your soup pot.
- Add beans, corn, and tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
Delicious and filling. It tastes just as yummy as it smells while simmering. The refried beans add flavor and thicken the soup a bit. Any leftover soup reheats very well. I garnished the soup with crushed tortilla chips, crumbled queso fresco and chopped scallions. Thanx!
Made for Spring PAC 2013 served with your recipe#221670#221670 and what a great hit with company and DH and I! Going into my Favorites of 2013. Followed the instructions and used recipe #23537#23537 for the southwest seasoning.
This recipe was so easy to put together and had such a great taste, always looking for easy Mexican dinners, you can only eat so many tacos. Left out the pinto beans as DH doesn't like the texture of them. Will certainly make many more times. Thank you