Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from a Simply Delicious cook book by Ron Kalenuik. This soup doesn't sound special...but I made it for a group of women (my rubber stamping club)and everyone raved about it!! I take a pkg of corn tortillas, make strips and deep fry them for one of the garnishes. Everyone who eats it...takes home the recipe!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons jalapenos, fresh and chopped (I use at least 2)
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 cups V8 vegetable juice
- 2 cups tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- cheddar cheese, grated
- scallion, sliced
- corn tortilla strips
- sour cream
- avocado, sliced
- In a dutch oven or large kettle, fry ground beef. Add peppers, onion and garlic. Saute until tender.
- Add the tomatoes, broth, juice and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour soup into bowls. Garnish.
This was great! I added black beans and corn for extra flavor and nutrition. We LOVED it! Thanks!
This was an easy to put together meal with good flavor. I reduced the recipe to make half and served with Stuffed Avocado â€“ Tex-Mex Style Stuffed Avocado – Tex-Mex Style. I did throw in a package of frozen mixed vegetables and didn't add the salt. I will use this again. Thanks Katie!
This recipe is fast, easy & KID FRIENDLY! 8yo had a friend over & they all loved this!! Not too much zip & I was amazed how fast it came together. Thanks, Sista!