Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This recipe has been done many times, but this is the best!
- 2 lbs ground beef or 2 lbs turkey
- 1 small onion
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- salt and pepper
- 3 (14 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope ranch dressing mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- crushed tortilla chips
- grated cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- brown meat with onion and green chilis, drain fat.
- Add to crockpot.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Cook on low all day (8-10 hours).
- Serve with chips, cheese, and sour cream.
- Variations: hominy, ro-tel tomatoes, jalapeno flavored pinto beans, kidney beans.
So very easy, meaty and delicious! My kids really enjoyed it and came back for seconds. It was nice to have dinner ready after a long day of school, work and after-school activities. I might replace the water with broth next time - because the kids have requested this soup again so I'll be saving this recipe :) Thanks longhornmel!!