Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe from Diabetes control for life website.
- 1⁄4 yellow onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 ounces extra lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup diced tomato, canned
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1 ounce low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- 1 medium orange
- Wash and peel onion and garlic; chop onion and mince garlic.
- Brown the beef, onion, and garlic in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the seasoning mix along with the tomatoes and their juice. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage is crisp tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Top with the cheese and cook until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with sour cream on top and whole wheat tortilla on the side.
- Enjoy a fresh orange for dessert.