Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A tasty twist on your ordinary burger. This comes from my Old Better homes recipe cards.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 11 1⁄2 ounces condensed bean with bacon soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup sharp American cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn chips, broken
- In bowl combine egg, milk, bread crumbs, onion and taco seasoning.
- Add ground beef.
- mix well.
- Shape beef mixture into 6 patties.
- In a large skillet lightly greased brown patties on both sides.
- Mix soup and the 1/2 cup water.
- spoon this over the patties.
- Cover skillet and cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Top with tomatoes and cheese.
- Cover and continue to heat for another 3 minutes.
- Serve with the broken corn chips.
These are very good and flavorful. A nice change from your regular hamburgers. My family enjoyed them a lot! Thanks for sharing.