Recipe by Hadiknown
My kids love tacos and shepherd's pie so I put the two of them together for another family favorite!
Top Review by Julie B's Hive
I made three individual casseroles from the recipe but found the proportions of potato to burger not right for us. We all would have preferred a thicker potato crust but that's a personal thing.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and mash as usual.
- Heat 1 tablespoons butter in saute pan; add onion, and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef, and cook until beef is lightly browned; drain off any excess fat.
- Add taco seasoning mix and cook as per package directions.
- Remove from heat.
- Place meat mixture into ovenproof casserole.
- Cover with corn.
- Cover with mashed potatoes.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until potatoes are light golden.