Top Review by Charlotte J
This was the closest to the Ortega brand we use and like so well. I used a whole clove of garlic. It was a bit hot for my youngest so will have to tone it done just a bit. But this is definitely the seasoning I'll use from now on.
- 2 teaspoons instant onion, Minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried red pepper, Crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant garlic, Minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin, Ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and blend well.
- Spoon mixture onto a 6-inch square of aluminum foil and fold to make airtight. Label as Taco Seasoning Mix.
- Store in a cool, dry place and use within 6 months.
- Makes 1 package (about 2 T) of mix.
- Using the above recipe as a guide you can increase the amounts to make any number of packages.
- Taco Filling: Brown 1 lb lean ground beef in a medium skillet over medium-high heat; drain the excess grease. Add 1/2 cup water and the seasoning mix.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Makes filling for 8 to 10 tacos.
- Hope this is what you are looking for.