Recipe by Wilmom
Keep this on hand! It's convenient, and economical.
Top Review by Rachie P
WoW! Soooo easy! VERY tasty!The only change I made was due to necessity (lack of ingredients!) I did only 2 TBP chili powder, but then made sure I had at least 1 TBP of the red pepper. I used the seasoning to make "cottage cheese enchiladas" by ratherbeswimmin. I'm so happy to have this - no more worrying about having packaged seasonings in the pantry!
- 1⁄4 cup dried onion flakes
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon crushed hot red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon instant minced garlic or 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend on high till well mixed and powdered.
- Spoon 6 even portions of mix into plastic snack bags.
- Label, store in spice cabinet. Keeps indefinitely. (OR, measure the whole thing--I haven't--and park it altogether in a covered jar, using 1/6 of the mixture each time you need taco spice.
- To make taco meat, see my recipe for it.