1/12 Photos of Taco Seasoning - Budget Friendly Seasoning for Tacos, Burritos..
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
Try this seasoning instead of using the packets of taco seasoning. Makes a great gift too! This not only saves you money it tastes better too! You control the amounts- feel free to adjust to fit your taste. If you like it hotter you can add some cayenne or up the chili powder! Enjoy!
My Private Note
1.25 oz ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons cumin, we love cumin- feel free to adjust to your taste
- 2 teaspoons oregano, preferably Mexican oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons onion flakes (minced dried onion) or 1 1/2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, omit if you like it mild and increase if you like it spicier
- 1 teaspoon salt, adjust for your taste the salt helps to keep it fresh when storing
- 1Mix all spices together.
- 2Store in airtight container. Will keep for 6 months to a year.
- 37 teaspoons of this spice mix is the equivalent of one 1.25 oz packet of store bought taco seasoning. This recipe makes the equivalent of 4 spice packets.
- 4To make tacos- mix 7 tsp (or 2 T and 1 t) to 1 lb ground meat that has been browned and drained of fat. Add 3/4 cup water and stir to blend. Cook til water has evaporated.
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Seasoning - Budget Friendly Seasoning for Tacos, Burritos..
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 48.2
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 672.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 2.1 g