Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I don't make tacos very often but this is good to keep on hand,stored in the freezer.
- 1⁄4 cup dried onion flakes
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons dried dried garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried hot pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Combine all in a container with tight fitting lid.
- For tacos add 3 tbsp.
- of mix and 1/4 cup water to browned beef.
This is the best replacement for those expensive packaged mixes! I found this exact recipe in our local paper and have been using it ever since. I usually decrease the red pepper flakes to only 1 tsp, as I am a bit of a wimp. Thanks for letting everyone else know about this great recipe!
This was a great mix. I didn't have crushed red pepper, so I used a few dashes of Cayenne and it came out really good....just enough spice for me. The kids said it could have been a bit spicier, so next time I might try adding a little more pepper. Thanks for a great recipe...I already had the meat cooked when I realized I was out of the store bought mix, so this saved dinner :)