Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a combination of several different taco seasoning recipes. I took the best of each recipe to make this one. Hope you like it.
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- Combine together in a container with a tight fitting lid.
- Use 3 to 4 Tablespoons of mix and 1/4 cup of water per pound of meat.
Fantastic recipe! So wonderful to know what exactly went into the seasoning mixture without all those extra "unknowns" that you often find on the package's ingredient listing. Great for low sodium diets. This recipe is a keeper! Thank you for sharing, Michael T!
This is excellent! I have been seasoning my own taco meat for a while, but this is much better than what I was making. My only suggestion is to add salt. I made some and sent it to my sister, who didn't add salt when she made tacos, and she said it was just so so. I added salt to my batch and it was awesome.
Great mix!! I ground whole cumin and coriander seeds to give it that fresh flavor!! Wonderful! I used it for beef and shredded chicken tacos! Thanks so much!