Recipe by Air Force Mama
Adapted from CopyKat.com
Top Review by whtbxrmom
I was making Addictive Mexican Stew and the recipe called for a packet of taco seasoning. I didn't have one on hand, but I found this recipe and had all the ingredients on hand. It worked wonderfully, and saved me a trip to the store. Thanks so much!
- 1 1⁄3 lbs lean ground chuck
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons masa corn flour
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon beef bouillon
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together all ingredient except the meat.
- Stir the spice mixture well making sure that all spices have been blended well.
- Crumble ground beef and brown stirring well.
- Remove from heat, rinse with hot water and drain water and grease from beef.
- Return beef to the pan and add spice mix.
- Add 3/4 - 1 cup water to ground beef and seasoning and simmer on medium low temperature for 20 minutes.
- Simmer until most of moisture has cooked away.
- Remove from heat when moisture in meat as dissipated but meat is not dry.