Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
We got tired of seasoning packets so I started researching and experimenting to come up with my own. Here's what I came up with. You may need to adjust the salt and/or crushed red pepper to suit you. We prefer lower salt and my wife likes it less spicy.
- 1 tablespoon dried ancho chile powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together and store in an air tight container until ready to use.
- Add the following to your already cooked meat.
- 2/3 cup water.
- 3 tablespoons per pound of the seasoning mixture.
- simmer to reduce.
- adjust salt and crushed red pepper to taste.