Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe came from the magazine Cooking for 2. It is very good if you like tacos and the like but can't have all the salt.
- 8 teaspoons dried onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to a year.
This is my favorite recipe for taco seasoning! I've given up buying the jug-o-taco-seasoning at Sam's (which always looked like the strangest orange color) because of it. I really love the use of dried onion flakes because they make the meat seem less "processed" and fake.
I like this recipe because as buggiesntiels states *no salt* is used in making this and of course it was easy to make. Thanks for posting. Made for *New Kids On The Block 2009* game
No salt, no sugar, no preservatives, and better than store bought! I used 1 tablespoon to 1/2 pound ground beef to make 2 generously stuffed tacos and they were delicious. I'm sure I will find a variety of uses for this seasoning. Thanks for sharing. Made for Fall 2009 PAC.