Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very good recipe for taco seasoning. Adjust to your tastebuds. Do substitute the cumin or leave it out. Taco Seasoning
- 6 teaspoons chili powder
- 5 teaspoons paprika
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid.
- Mix well shaking.
- Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.
- Makes about 21 teaspoons (about 1/2 cup ). 7 teaspoons equal a 1.25 oz pkg. of purchased taco seasoning.
This was good but a bit bland for me. When I added the 7 teaspoons to the meat I also add 1 teaspoon of cornstarch. I will spice it up a bit more next time.
This was just okay. Needed salt, and a little more heat. Ended up adding some extra spices.
We all agreed that this was lacking flavor. Not sure if we will use it again. But if we do I will double the amount of seasoning used and tweak it with some additional ingredients.