Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Chicken salad with a Mexican flair topped with flour tortilla strips which have been fried to make them crispy. A Pillsbury Bake-Off recipe from 1996.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 flour tortillas, cut into thin strips
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup shredded cheese (4 oz)
- In 10-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add tortilla strips; cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until crisp and golden brown. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- To same skillet, add remaining tablespoon oil and the chicken; cook and stir over medium-high heat until chicken is no longer pink in center. Stir in taco seasoning and water; cook 2 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, gently toss salad greens, tomato, onion, beans and dressing. Spoon salad mixture onto individual serving plates.
- Arrange chicken over salad; sprinkle with cheese and tortilla strips. Serve with salsa.