Recipe by Beth A.
Just remember, if you use Minute Rice in this recipe (which I do sometimes), reduce water to 1 cup.
- 2 cups water
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can reduced sodium black beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut in thin strips
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 3⁄4 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the water, 1 teaspoon taco seasoning mix, salt and rice. Bring to a boil, stirring. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook 20 minutes, set aside 5 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the beans; drain well again. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken strips and saute 2 minutes, just until the strips begin to whiten.
- Sprinkle remaining seasoning over chicken and stir 1 minute. Add undrained tomatoes and simmer 4 minutes. Stir in black beans and corn; simmer 5 minutes. (Make sure chicken is cooked through.) Stir in lime juice.
- Fluff rice, spoon the chicken and sauce over rice.