Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great spicy snack mix. Great for parties and snacking!
- 8 cups popcorn
- 4 cups tortilla chips, slightly broken
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- In a large bowl, mix popcorn and tortilla chips.
- Stir seasoning mix into melted butter.
- Pour seasoned butter over popcorn and chips.
- Gently stir until well coated.
- Cool before eating.
- Store in airtight container.
Great snack idea!! Because we watch our fat intake, I used baked Tostitos tortilla chips & reduced the margarine to 3 Tbsp. (I actually tried sprinkling the taco seasoning on the snack mix without the margarine but it just doesn't stick.) I also used Old El Paso Hot & Spicy taco seasoning so it was really flavourful!! My husband actually traded his Doritos for a bowl of this stuff. Ya gotta try it!!