This recipe was posted per a recipe request. This Taco Sauce will be on the thin side. Canning instructions follow.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the tomato paste with the water in a large stainless or enamel saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Stir until smooth.
- 3Add the cayenne, chili powder, salt, cornstarch, and vinegar.
- 4In a food processor puree the onion and jalapeno until smooth.
- 5Add to tomato water mixture and bring to a boil, stirring often.
- 6Once you have reached the hard boil stage cook for 3 minutes, then remove from heat.
- 7Let stand to cool.
- 8Place in a tightly sealed container and place in the fridge.
- 9This will keep up to 2 months.
- 10If you wish to can this product you pour the hot liquid into clean, sterile hot half pint jars and process in a boiling water bath for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (946 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 65.4
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2173.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 2.8 g