- 1 (1 lb) unsliced loaf Italian bread
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced
- 6 slices American cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bread in half lengthwise; hollow out the top and the bottom, leaving a 1/2-inch shell(discard remaining bread, or save it for another use). In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and salsa until well blended. Spread inside the bread shell and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink; pour off grease. Stir in taco seasoning. Layer lettuce and tomato in bottom of bread shell; top with beef mixture and cheese. Replace bread top.