Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Everyone knows that when they come to a picnic of mine, there will be my famous Taco Salad. It's probably my most requested salad. It's best served within 24 hours of preparation. Feel free to omit things you don't care for. Also, add more or less dressing if desired. Number of servings is a guess. It makes A LOT! Prep time includes chopping and dicing time.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef, browned, drained and cooled
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning (mild or med.)
- 2 large head iceberg lettuce, finely chopped
- 2 small sweet onions, diced
- 5 slicing tomatoes, diced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 (2 1/4 ounce) canssliced black olives, drained
- 3 tablespoons cilantro (plus extra for garnish)
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) bag nacho cheese flavor Doritos, crushed in the bag
- 16 ounces ranch salad dressing, chilled (DO NOT use fat free (it will get too watery!)
- 1 avocado, sliced for garnish on top of salad (optional)
- In a very large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except Doritos and salad dressing. Toss to mix well.
- Toss in crushed Doritos----toss well. Gradually mix in salad dressing to desired moistness (you may like less or more than the whole 16 oz bottle).
- Place in a very large serving bowl and garnish with avocado slices (if desired) and some cilantro. Best if served right away.
Made for 2013 Zaar Cookbook Tag game and what a hit. I did cut the recipe down but otherwise followed the instructions. Definately a keeper and one I will make again. Thank you for posting.
I made this a few months ago for a pot luck at my work & forgot to rate it. This was soooo good and it made ALOT. I ended up w/ quite a bit left just because there was so much of it in the first place. It was really good the second day even though it was a little mushy. I think the flavors really had time to meld together. I LOVED the addition of the corn- it gave just enough sweetness. The ranch dressing was really good!!! I know alot of people who make their taco salad w/ catalina dressing, but I prefer it w/ the ranch!! THANKS! I'll be making this again~