Recipe by morgainegeiser
This is a twist on a day to day Mexican favorite. Great for brunches
Top Review by OceanLuvinGranny
I tried this tonight for supper. I was out of ground beef but had some leftover chicken. I shredded it and added some salsa and sour cream with a few shakes of taco sauce. While that was heating, I chopped olives, tomatoes, onion, avacado. I toasted the waffles and then spread them with sour cream. I put on the chicken, then the other chopped ingredients with a spoon of mild green chilies. Topped that with lettuce. On top of that I put a spoon of salsa and a dollop of sour cream. YUM! The waffles were a great texture under the taco stuff. We all liked it so much better this way. They were a bit messy to eat and we ended up using forks to get all of the great fillilng. They are less expensive than the tortillas or taco shells and went very well with everything. I can't get over how great they tasted and how wonderful the texture was. I am recommending this recipe wholeheartedly!!! Next time I make it, I will try it with the ground beef. Thanks for sharing this great recipe idea for a change in boring tacos or taco salad.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 8 frozen waffles
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in salsa , chilies and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast waffles according to package directions.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup beef mixture onto each waffle.
- If desired top with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, salsa or sour cream.