Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I think this is a little of every taco salad recipe around. I use a non meat product instead of hamburg. This gives me extra calcium and cuts out the fat. I hope you enjoy.
- 1 lb vegetarian ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 head lettuce, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 13 ounces doritos nacho cheese flavored tortilla chips
- 8 ounces Catalina dressing
- Brown yellow onion in oil.
- Add veg. beef; warm through.
- Add taco seasoning and water according to package directions.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- In large bowl mix together lettuce, tomato, cheese, red onion and peppers.
- Add cooled beef mixture.
- Just before serving toss with the dressing.
- Just as you put the salad on the table crush 1/3 bag of Doritos and add to salad leaving the rest on the side for people who want extra.