Prep 10 mins
Cook 13 mins
This is so simple to do and you get such impressive results! If you have four ovenproof bowls, you can bake the tortilla shells all at once. If not, let bowl cool in between uses. I found in Martha Stewart Kids magazine.
- 4 flour tortillas
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (approximately)
- 1 tablespoon salt (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly brush tortillas with oil. (I do both sides). Sprinkle with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Press tortilla into the ovenproof bowl. (Edges will look slightly wavy) Bake about 13 minutes.
- Transfer tortilla to a cooling rack and repeat with remaining tortillas. Fill with your taco salad and listen to your guests rave!
I was surprised at how much flavor these added to Steak Taco Salad! I used olive oil and sea salt. YUM!!! I also let them get good and brown, turning off the oven after about 11 minutes and leaving them in for another 6 minutes.
These were so easy and turned out so nicely! I was able to make 5 at a time with a baking sheet on both top and bottom racks of the oven. I could fit 3 on a pan. They were very pretty - light and crispy. I must admit that I liked the look better than the flavor, but I don't really have any ideas on how to improve on it. I just like the corn tortilla flavor better I guess. Thanks for sharing!
Great idea and recipe. I used only 1/2 tsp oil per tortilla and it worked out well. Thanks for posting!