Recipe by Heather Beldin
My husband loves this and I make it about once a week for him. Friends and family have asked me to make this for them and for get togethers. This salad is basically put together with anything you like in a salad. So you can add or not use what is listed. Have fun and enjoy making your taco salad supreme.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packagesmccormicks taco seasoning
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies (mild)
- 1 (12 ounce) can pinto beans (drained)
- 1 head lettuce (chopped)
- 4 medium tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 (8 ounce) bagshredded fiesta blend cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped (optional)
- 1 (12 ounce) bagof nacho cheese plain Doritos (broken into pieces)
- 1 (3 7/8 ounce) can black olives (sliced)
- chopped jalapeno (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef and drain grease.
- Add green chilies, pinto beans,taco seasoning, and water.
- Cook for about 8 minutes.
- In a big bowl put in rest of ingredients and mix or layer it if you wish.
- Then add meat mixture and mix again.
- Top it off with some nacho chips.
- Serve with sour cream or taco sauce.