Recipe by Mommy Diva
This is the way my family enjoys our taco salad (and I sneak in a few veggies while we are at it!!) It may vary a bit from time to time dependant on the ingredients on hand, but the basics are the same. http://www.broccosprouts.com/
Top Review by Susie D
We enjoyed your version of Taco Salad and will make it again. I liked including spring mix lettuces, grape tomatoes, and snap peas. I thought they lightened a normally carb heavy salad as well as being pretty. Sadly I was unable to find the broccosprouts. Thank you for sharing the recipe and many hugs from Texas.
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 5 1⁄2 ounces spring mix baby greens, to taste (50/50 mix from fresh Express is my preference since I like to get the spinach in there)
- taco seasoning, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- garlic, to taste
- 1 cup sugar snap pea
- 3⁄4 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 pint broccosprouts (I like broccosprouts as they are really good for you - 4oz a week!!)
- 1 cup four-cheese Mexican blend cheese, more to taste or 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, if preferred more to taste
- salsa, to taste (We like Tostitos HOT,or make our own- for dressing)
- sour cream, garnish to taste
- tostito baked white corn chips, garnish to taste
- black olives, sliced for garnish (optional)
- jalapenos (optional) or green chili, garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown turkey and season with taco seasoning, black pepper and garlic to taste.
- On each plate spread desired amount of greens evenly.
- Layer cooked turkey, peas,tomatoes,sprouts, and cheese in desired amounts then top with salsa for dressing.
- Garnish with sour cream, black olives,jalepenos/green chiles and corn chips as you wish.
- Enjoy! ;).