Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is the way my family enjoys our taco salad (and I sneak in a few veggies while we are at it!!) It may vary a bit from time to time dependant on the ingredients on hand, but the basics are the same. http://www.broccosprouts.com/
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 5 1⁄2 ounces spring mix baby greens, to taste (50/50 mix from fresh Express is my preference since I like to get the spinach in there)
- taco seasoning, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- garlic, to taste
- 1 cup sugar snap pea
- 3⁄4 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 pint broccosprouts (I like broccosprouts as they are really good for you - 4oz a week!!)
- 1 cup four-cheese Mexican blend cheese, more to taste or 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, if preferred more to taste
- salsa, to taste (We like Tostitos HOT,or make our own- for dressing)
- sour cream, garnish to taste
- tostito baked white corn chips, garnish to taste
- black olives, sliced for garnish (optional)
- jalapenos (optional) or green chili, garnish (optional)
- Brown turkey and season with taco seasoning, black pepper and garlic to taste.
- On each plate spread desired amount of greens evenly.
- Layer cooked turkey, peas,tomatoes,sprouts, and cheese in desired amounts then top with salsa for dressing.
- Garnish with sour cream, black olives,jalepenos/green chiles and corn chips as you wish.
- Enjoy! ;).
We enjoyed your version of Taco Salad and will make it again. I liked including spring mix lettuces, grape tomatoes, and snap peas. I thought they lightened a normally carb heavy salad as well as being pretty. Sadly I was unable to find the broccosprouts. Thank you for sharing the recipe and many hugs from Texas.
I had this while visiting MD in Portland. She omitted the broccoli and snap peas but the salad was still very filling; the turkey seasoning was just the right amount of spicy/heat and the turkey was the healthy alternative to beef. Prepping the dish was so quick and it was easy to assemble. We had the hot salsa which perfectly accentuated the meal.