Recipe by ReeLani
A real crowd pleaser. I make this every year for the hungry mouths at work for Cinco de Mayo and I always take home an empty (big) bowl. Great for potlucks and picnics, too. I included a few hours of refrigeration time for the meat in the prep time.
Top Review by Audrey M
Made this for supper. We weren't to hungry so this recipe hit the spot. This has been a family favorite for a long time. My mother-in-law taught me to make. Served it with fresh fruit and garlic bread.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 (16 ounce) bagof chopped basic salad greens (or chop up a head of lettuce if you're feeling ambitious)
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 can black olives, sliced (size of can depends on how much you like olives)
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 12 grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 (9 ounce) bagof nacho cheese plain Doritos, crushed up
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Catalina dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in a skillet, drain, then add taco seasoning mix and whatever amount of water the package calls for.
- Cook meat per directions on taco seasoning mix package, then refrigerate meat (I usually do this the day before I plan to mix up the salad).
- Put lettuce in a great big bowl, then add the beef, beans, olives and cheese and mix/toss really well.
- Just before you plan to serve this, add the tomato chunks and crushed up Doritos and mix them in.
- Pour in the bottle of dressing, mix everything one more time, and serve.