Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from TOH. This would be great for a potluck. all the great taste and so easy to make.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages taco seasoning, divided
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) bagnacho tortilla chips, coarsley crushed
- 2 pints grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 (2 1/4 ounce) cans sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 1 1⁄2 cups thousand island dressing
- 1 (11 ounce) jar salsa
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- In a dutch oven over medium heat, cook beef with 1 envelope plus 2 tablespoons taco seasoning until no longer pink; drain.
- In a very large serving bowl, combine the lettuce, chips, tomatoes, beans, olives, cheese, onion, chilies and beef mixture.
- Combine the salad dressing, salsa, sugar and remaining taco seasoning; pour over salad and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.