Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe can be fixed in about 30 minutes. It's a big hit at get-togethers and I don't have to bring any home after the party.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup shredded taco cheese
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup taco sauce
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) package corn chips
- In large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the ketchup, oregano, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In large bowl, combine the lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, olives and beef mixture.
- Combine mayonnaise and taco sauce; pour over salad and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with corn chips.
- Serve immediately.
This was enjoyed by all tonight. We're in the midst of a heat wave and this recipe was perfect. It's both quick to prepare and delicious. I made one change and used 5% sour cream instead of mayo. It would be easy to jazz this up by adding garlic to the frying beef and adding some chopped green onions to the mix before serving. Made for PRMR tag.
Outstanding!! I love taco salads. This was a great meal which didn't heat up the kitchen.... and trust me when it is in the 100's here I DO NOT want to heat up the kitchen. Thank you Lainey!
Made this for lunch for DD and I. I didn't have taco sauce, so used 1/4 cup of rotel tomatoes and chilis, I left out the olives and used kidney beans instead, personal preference and used restaurant style torilla chips. We thought this turned out perfect. I don't like the taco salads with the french or thousand island style dressing so this was perfect for us. Thanks for sharing Lainey!! Made for Photo tag.