Recipe by Lainey39
This recipe can be fixed in about 30 minutes. It's a big hit at get-togethers and I don't have to bring any home after the party.
Top Review by Dreamer in Ontario
This was enjoyed by all tonight. We're in the midst of a heat wave and this recipe was perfect. It's both quick to prepare and delicious. I made one change and used 5% sour cream instead of mayo. It would be easy to jazz this up by adding garlic to the frying beef and adding some chopped green onions to the mix before serving. Made for PRMR tag.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup shredded taco cheese
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup taco sauce
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) package corn chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the ketchup, oregano, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In large bowl, combine the lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, olives and beef mixture.
- Combine mayonnaise and taco sauce; pour over salad and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with corn chips.
- Serve immediately.