Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I've tried different versions of this recipe, so I decided to come up with my own creation. It's great for a party and can be made ahead.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 3 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 medium vidalia onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- tortilla chips
- corn chips
- In Kitchen aid mixer whip the cream cheese, add the salsa; blend well.
- Place this mixture into the bottom of a 9x13-inch glass baking dish ( or similar serving dish)
- Layer all the ingredients except the tortilla chips/ Frito's into the pan.
- Serve with chips.
This dip is sooo yummy! I loved the salsa (made my own) with the cream cheese and then the beans, corn, lettuce, onion and cheese. The flavours go so well together and make for a really good dip. It looks very pretty, too and comes together easily. Perfect for a party, like you said.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this winner with us, diane!
Made and reviewed for the Lettuce Tag Game in the Spain/Portugal forum March 2012.
I decided to try this layered dip because it was a cross between the bean layer dip and the pink dip my family likes. I added some lemon juice and cumin powder to the black beans, used chopped tomatoes rather than lettuce and green onions rather than the vidalia. I served with tortilla chips and frito scoops. It was a hit and will definitely be making this in the future. It could also be made low fat by using low fat cream cheese and low fat cheese. Thanks for posting this yummy recipe.
Made this for a football party and it was delish!! The only thing I did because it is tomato season was add some diced cherry tomatoes and EVERYONE loved it! Will make again! Thanks for the recipe!